2024

“I’m not a businessman, I’m a business, man.” — Jay Z

Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2019

The Doctor's Farmacy with Mark Hyman

Americans are living longer, but studies show we haven’t made progress with
decreasing the level of disability that comes at the end of life. 

Luckily, there are plenty of preventative measures we can take to support health as we age and prevent the onset of dis-ease. That’s why, as I prepare to turn 60 this year, I’m more interested than ever in the science of longevity, especially because I plan to just keep getting younger. 

I want to stay high-functioning as I age, which means feeling sharp, energized, balanced—and sexually vital. That’s why I do everything I can to approach my health on multiple angles, like nutrition, exercise, stress management, and even checking in with a doctor, despite being one. 

That goal to age well and stay on top of my health led me to my guest on this episode of The Doctor’s Farmacy, Dr. George Shapiro.

Dr. Shapiro has been a practicing physician for 30 years, specializing in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease, and age management medicine. Dr. Shapiro has become known nationwide as an expert in age management medicine and leads one of the most prominent age management practices in the country as president of Cenegenics New York City. He has long been known as one of New York’s foremost cardiologists, specializing in regenerative medicine and improving longevity, including the genomics of cardiovascular disease and congestive heart failure. 

On today’s episode, Dr. Shapiro and I discuss the world of regenerative medicine and what the science says about healthy aging.

One major issue of aging for many people is a decline in the endocrine system, altering hormones and for some leading to a loss of libido and sexual function. An aging endocrine system also greatly impacts metabolism and can create an excess of dangerous, inflammatory belly fat. Dr. Shapiro shares his experience in helping patients rebalance hormones to feel younger and more vital.

Plus, we dive into more of Dr. Shapiro’s research in the regenerative effects of peptides and exosomes as well as what kinds of testing he uses to get the full picture of physiological age. I also share my personal experience in working together with him to achieve the longevity I’m after. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-doctors-farmacy-with-mark-hyman-m-d/id1382804627?mt=2&mc_cid=761e6efa62&mc_eid=4238cd6d36

No comments:

Post a Comment