Topics discussed in this chat:
- The Mountain West Seed Summit – hosted by Rocky Mountain Seeds. “Honoring Origins and Seeding the Future.”
A search to find seeds from all over the Rocky Mountain West. March 3rd and 4th in Santa Fe New Mexico.
- Taking our seeds back – how the large seed companies in America are not based in America. And what that means for the regional seed companies.
- International Seed Library Committee – a working title for a new grassroots movement to establish seed libraries and seed exchange programs.
- Seed library examples – what a seed library is and how these cooperatives work
- Genetic Resources Information Network – how this national resource is being used to help grow out old grain seeds
- A grain success story – Sonoran White Wheat – the wheat that was used to create the catholic wafers by the missionaries who came to the southwest.
- The new zucchini – Carol Deppe has grown a gold zucchini she calls the “goldini” –
- Denver Seed School – training to help gardeners learn how to grow and collect seeds – April 2nd – 7th
- Seed School Teacher Training – helping teach the next generation of seed educators – in October
- Seed School Online – launches March 1st