2024

“I’m not a businessman, I’m a business, man.” — Jay Z

Pages

Monday, May 16, 2016

Writing the Memoir 101

Name
Learn how to start and finish a memoir in an engaging way. During the Writing the Memoir 101
Workshop, you'll find out how to put pivotal moments on the page. You'll also discover how to reflect on a dramatic moment in order to add meaning and how to add suspense to sustain the reader's interest. 

In the Writing the Memoir 101 online class, you will be given the opportunity to write a summary, a working outline, the opening pages, a dramatic scene, a reflective sequel, and additional scenes. You will also be able to review your overall intentions for the memoir. 

"I don't know if you know this, but my mother was a professional romance writer, made her living doing that. I think it's in my blood or something. It's what I love-writing stories, reading stories, helping new writers write their stories. I'll go out to a concert or movie or play with friends, but I can never wait to get back to my "work." For me, it's not work. I can't believe I get paid for doing what I love. Sometimes I feel guilty."

  ~ Gloria Kempton
One student said, "I benefited tremendously from Gloria's feedback on assignments." The goal of this course is to teach you how to structure your memoir, develop your storytelling skills, and give you tips to adapt your own life stories into a memoir. 
https://www.writersonlineworkshops.com/courses/writing-the-memoir-101?utm_source=course&utm_campaign=wow-kra-nl-160516&utm_content=845426_WDU160516&utm_medium=email

No comments:

Post a Comment