human design

Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Are Your Genes Your Destiny?

Radical Wellness Featuring Deepak Chopra and Andrew Weil - new online event
Until very recently, scientists would have said yes.

In fact, it was widely accepted that the genes we inherited at birth controlled everything – from our personalities to our health to our longevity. So if you were unlucky enough to inherit the gene for cancer or heart disease, you were expected – no matter who you were or how you lived – to develop that disease.
Now scientists have proven that only about 5 percent of our genes predetermine disease with that level of certainty. And the rest (a staggering 95 percent!) can be heavily influenced by lifestyle choices – and in as little as three months.
What does that mean to you? Power.
Once you know everything from your thoughts, to your moods, to your behavior, influences the activity of your genes and, therefore, your health . . . that puts the power to stave off disease and enjoy good health largely in your hands.
The trouble is, your modern, stressed-out, time-starved lifestyle isn’t helping you suppress disease and promote lifelong vitality – even though you can! And your doctor, who treats your ailments after they occur, isn’t really set up to help you address the underlying root cause of disease – so you can prevent it from happening in the first place.
If you’ve struggled with your health and you’re worried about how it will continue to deteriorate as you age, you’re not alone. That’s because “turning on” genes that promote health and vitality, and “turning off” genes that promote disease and premature aging simply isn’t something we’ve been taught. We need a new model – and one that’s achievable in the midst of our busy, modern lives.
Drs. Chopra and Weil will reveal:
  • Why we have an epidemic of lifestyle-related diseases in our culture—and the surprisingly simple things you can do each day to prevent or reverse them.
  • The limitations of a strictly Western-medicine approach to wellness—and how an integrative approach improves outcomes.
  • The science behind why your health and longevity is largely within your control—regardless of your genetics, your previously unhealthy lifestyle choices, or your health care.
  • How to tune into the wisdom of your body—to recognize (before disease or illness strikes) when something is amiss and needs to be rebalanced, or to correct an existing imbalance.
  • Realistic, practical ways to optimize your genetic expression—that fit within a busy, modern lifestyle.

Deepak Chopra, M.D.
Deepak Chopra, M.D., is the author of more than 80 books translated in over 43 languages, including 22 New York Times bestsellers. Recognized as one of the world's greatest leaders in the field of mind-body-spirit medicine, Deepak continues to transform our understanding of the meaning of health and healing.


Andrew Weil, M.D.
Andrew Weil received an A.B. degree in biology (botany) from Harvard in 1964 and an M.D. from Harvard Medical School in 1968. After completing a medical internship at Mt. Zion Hospital in San Francisco, he worked a year with the National Institute of Mental Health, then wrote his first book, The Natural Mind. From 1971-75, as a Fellow of the Institute of Current World Affairs, Dr. Weil traveled widely in North and South America and Africa collecting information on drug use in other cultures, medicinal plants, and alternative methods of treating disease.

http://www.chopra.com/radical-wellness?utm_term=Register+now+at+absolutely+no+cost+to+you.&_bta_c=0r2dmvgw2297cslv76c8xtqlgl74b&utm_medium=email&_bta_tid=3.RM0.A3zEcA.BDUQ.c_n8..AMWOLA.b..s.AIXF.n...av1rWg&utm_content=Join+Deepak+Chopra+and+Andrew+Weil+for+this+rare%2C+no-charge+virtual+event&utm_source=bronto&utm_campaign=PT160123-ChopraWeil