Signing with an agent is an exciting and important step in any author's career! But findingthat perfect match can be tricky, and it's something you'll want to feel confident in before making a final decision. So before signing on that dotted line, there are some key questions you'll want to ask, important research you'll want to dive into, and pitfalls you'll want to avoid.
Jaida and Danielle have been in the publishing industry for over three years. Both are currently building their lists at New Leaf Literary & Media, Inc. and understand what information will help prospective authors weigh all of their options before choosing an agent.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- What questions to ask your agent before signing
- What qualities you'll want to find in an agent
- What NOT to ask before signing
- How to manage your expectations
- The pitfalls you'll want to avoid
- The difference between signing with a Junior Agent vs. Senior Agent
- Where to find information on your agent / agency
- Important resources and how to use them: AAR, PM, PW, QueryTracker