The world of children's books has seen more growth in the last ten years than any othercategory in the publishing industry. Countless articles and op-eds have analyzed booming success of now-iconic series like Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, etc. But while critics are debating the triumph of a particular series, readers - both children and adults - are clamoring for more books that will enchant and entertain them.
But in such a competitive market, how do you make your book stand out as a quality submission? How do you walk the fine line between capturing the attention (and purchasing power) of both child and adult readers? This live webinar will cover the many foundational elements to writing successfully for middle grade and young adult audiences. You will learn the common pitfalls to avoid, ways to make sure your work gets noticed, and receive personalized feedback from Taylor Martindale Kean of Full Circle Literary on your query and first 5 pages.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to capture the attention of your audience - both agents and readers
- The key elements to writing a successful middle grade or young adult book
- How to balance working as an artist and a businessperson
- The pitfalls to avoid when writing for a young audience
- What agents and publishers look for in submissions
- How to hone Voice in your work, a crucial element of your writing
- How to make your opening pages shine
- How to make your work stand out in the submission pile